Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Having bad luck.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:33 am

Friday evening mom wanted to watch the deer eat, so I took her to a local forrest preserve, but the deer were hiding-out. So she tells me to go swing. Took out the detector, on the 2nd swing I found a quarter, popped it out, gave it to her, and the tree cops appeared and told us the place was closing. (Still had a 30 minutes of daylight - but we didn't argue.)

Saturday night I went to a tot-lot I've hit many times at night. Got there at 9:00 pm. Swung for about 10 minutes, found a quarter and new penny and then I had a spot-light on me. It was the cops. They were very nice, but they say I can't swing there after dark. DRAT!!!
I like to swing at night. (So I went to the pool hall and hit balls until 5 in the morning.)

So that's how this month is going.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:46 am

Sorry to hear that the "authorities" have been getting on your case. I thought I was going to have a problem yesterday when I was at the town field. After about 5 minutes of being there a cop pulled up and just sat there and watched me for about 5 min. I waved and just went about my business. After about 5 minutes he just pulled away. He must have just wanted to check to see if I was up to no good, but when he found that I was just digging some pocket change, he just left.
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:03 pm

Well thank god you guys didn't get a ticket or anything stupid like that. I was at a soccer field last month, when I looked up I saw 2 cop cars. They stayed for like 30 min, then the 2 cops walked up to me. The just wanted to know what I found. I was so releaved, I thought they were going to get me in trouble!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Yeah - if the cops are going to give you trouble, they do it right away. Otherwise they're just watching or doing paper-work.

Went back to the same forrest preserve on Tuesday. Still no deer, but a lot more people. The same cop drove in at the same time to close the place, but when he saw all the people, he drove off. The forrest preserves are supposed to close at sundown. Last summer, I found plenty of them closed at 5:30 and earlier - while the sun was high in the sky. They don't seem to care if they inconvience people who might work durring the day and might want to relax in the great outdoors for a little while. A few times last summer me and a few other people where fishing and the cop comes in at 4:30 and says the place is closing, kicks us out and locks the gate. This was June - the sun doesn't set until after 8:00 pm. But this is Cook County, so we didn't argue - we left - didn't want to end-up in jail on some made-up charges. I'm about ready to move out west and find me a nice cave in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:44 am

Not sure if you listen to blues, but one of my favorite blues CD's is B.B. King Live from Cook County jail Very Happy Ever heard it ?
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:52 am

Never heard that one. I'm more of a Frank Zappa fan. But I do play pool with Lonnie Brooks.

Having bad luck. Lonnie10

I play with Jimmie Johnson and Larry Cox too. (They're both blues musicians.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Having bad luck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having bad luck.   Having bad luck. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having bad luck.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Detecting New England Forum :: Metal Detecting :: Stories and Pictures of Finds-
Jump to: