Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Buddymap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Question about Buddymap Empty
PostSubject: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:21 am

Beefcake and I were talking last night and he came up with a great idea on how to try and contact some of the other forum members to let them know we are here. His idea was to contact people using the e-mails provided on the the Friendly Metal Detecting forum Buddymap found here:

http://buddymapping.com/maps/forummap/people

It says that you have to login to see the e-mails. So I created a map account and tried to login to the FMDF map but I think that login is only for the person who created the map. So as of right now I can't see the e-mails. Any idea who has access to the e-mail addresses ? Or maybe I am just doing something wrong and not logging in correctly ?
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:37 am

I'd guess Angie, Vlad, Carol, and any other administrators.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:16 am

hmm does anyone know how to contact them ? Maybe Vlad can send them a message ?
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Vlad may want to do that, but I have a funny feeling that he's got his hands full...
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

I imagine the friendly forum will be back in a couple of weeks. (If Vlad has 20 sites to worry about, the friendly forum might not be at the top of his list.)

The hacker seems to keep restoring backups from the 30th. Didn't see any new posts there yesterday, but he did add a bogus post from 'V'ad' asking for donations. If you click on the friendly forum link right now, you'll be re-directed to a missing page. I'm just going to keep watching it but I won't be logging there until we get the word from the real Vlad.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Sounds like Vlad has his hands full. Didn't realize that he had so many sites Shocked I'm sure things will be sorted out in the somewhat near future. I hope no one has donated money to that hacker. Sounds like he is really trying to milk this one dry. Thanks for keeping us updated about the site. I have not gone over there since I had heard that the site was trying to get you to download something.
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Look what's being posted over at the Find's Treasure Forum..

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?61,696236

Looks like Vlad is trying..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Just took another look at the friendly forum. Looks like the hacker put it back up again. (It was down - 4 hours ago like craig said on the other forum.) He is now trying to give you the impression that Vlad is back in control. But he's still begging for donations. He's even added a second bogus post trying to impersonate Vald - saying he's taken control back from the hacker.

I've got to say - that's one determined hacker. Hope no one is sending donations.
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm not going to try and view the site again untill the coast is clear, you never know once you access the site and it stears you to some other crazy site.. Mean hacker SOB.. Crying or Very sad

Bruce
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Now you are re-directed to metaldetectingworldinfo.com (or something like that). Reading the fine print in the opening re-direction screen, I can tell by his gramar that he ain't Vlad. He's got another phoney Vlad post; test okoko. Don't see any other new posts.

You are wise to not even go there. But I can't seem to help myself. And I wonder if this isn't the guy who might have invaded my machine about a month ago. I had the main forum menu up, I was on-line, and was watching TV. (I forgot to hang-up.) Then, one of the menu headings turned red. A few minutes later, a different heading was red. At that point, I noticed I was still on-line. I hung-up and ran a couple of virus scans - which came out clean. Checked the fire-wall and that was clean too - no intruders detected.
Back to top Go down
Deep silver
Founding Member
Founding Member
Deep silver

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:04 am

It sure is a strange deal, for a while the hacker had it all jacked off so if you hit the donate button it took you to the smily page. The spelling and grammer is so strange, then it was mentioned he was from Vietnam, that makes sense, he talks like someone unversed in the english language.......Once I saw that plea for money I knew it was bogus, Just real odd......How much personal info could that dude get? I was scared to even go there fro fear I might fall prey to the same BS..........Anyhow, I am long winded tonight........Later guys.... One more pic for the heck of it .... Question about Buddymap Silver-trifecta that Barber dime trips me out, it looks like tears are comming out of the eyes.......I know they were mine when I found it, that was from the Oak St. school demo, I woulda had a grand slam if only I could found a roosie that day...........Peace out ..........
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:04 am

Nice collection of coins there Deep Silver. Glad that you are with us now too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Buddymap   Question about Buddymap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Buddymap
Page 1 of 1