Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Friendly Fourm Trouble

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

More Friendly Fourm Trouble Empty
PostSubject: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   More Friendly Fourm Trouble I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Not sure if this is a hacker problem or just a general forum malfunction, but I seem unable to bring-up any forum sections - I get the 404 error message. The main forum page comes up, but that's as far as I can go. Wonder if it's another denial of service attack - 66 members and 404 guests online right now.
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   More Friendly Fourm Trouble I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:58 am

There were some server problems on TQ, And I noticed friendly was a little sluggish 4 sure, I'm NOT very impressed about the way friendly handled the hacker problem, they seemed to have lots of excuses, not solutions !! If you were on friendly, before the hack, then u know they also had 2 site crashes, which they took a long time to remedy, in my opinion, bad track record. I do enjoy their forum, just wish they would concentrate more, on providing a stable site.
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   More Friendly Fourm Trouble I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm not a web-master or a network guy. (But I am an old systems guy from the 70's & 80's.) I really don't know how else they could have handled the hacker problem. Maybe they should have been more aware when he started moving their sites. But then that is a free forum so I wouldn't expect anyone to give it the kind of care a business site would (or should) get. I did send Vlad an email about the 404's I was getting. He responded today saying the forum out-grew the server and he'd probably get a dedicated server. That's got to cost more. Hope the forum members contribute a little more to help cover the cost.

Feels a lot different now. Before the problems it was a very active and fun place. Now, people seem to be posting a lot less. People are also mentioning the slowness. I'm on a dial-up line and can't really tell. Hopefully the slowness will be resolved and security tightened on the new server. Hopefully they'll back things up a little more often too.

I'm new to TQ - seems very quiet too. Lots of members and sections but not a whole lot of posting. But TN seems about the same as it always has been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   More Friendly Fourm Trouble I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Friendly Fourm Trouble
Page 1 of 1