Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leo from NY

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
New Yorker

Leo from NY Empty
PostSubject: Leo from NY   Leo from NY I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Hey~ Names Leo I swing a Whites IDX Pro and have since I was 12. Bought it myself with lawnmowing money. Just pulled 1 pm a 1866 shield nickel with rays, pretty beat up but not a bad find. I currently live in the Catskills of Upstate New York and when im not working as a surveyor in Alaska or in college I detect nearby bungalow conolies. I'm probably the only anthropologist you'll ever know who likes metal detecting and not the opposite. This mornin I also found a 1888 indian head and two wheaties 1941 and 1937. One weird find today too, next to the indian head was a little Davy Crockett ring with gold leaf over it. Croketts face on the front and Davy Crockett written on the back. If anybody has any info let me know. I couldnt find it on ebay or anywhere. Anyway great site. take care. leo
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Leo from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo from NY   Leo from NY I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi Leo :-)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard Very Happy Sounds like you have been finding some really interesting finds. I'd love to hear more about the Bungalow Colonies. Sounds interesting. Again welcome and great to have you with us!
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Leo from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo from NY   Leo from NY I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Leo!

Sounds like you've got it made as far as locations goes.

I've got an IDX Pro too. One of my favorite machines. I usually use it with a BigFoot - covers lots of ground fast.

Can't help you with the ring, but when I was a kid, I wore a Davy Crockett hat. Things were weird back then.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leo from NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leo from NY   Leo from NY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leo from NY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Detecting New England Forum :: Metal Detecting :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: