Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who's new? Me.

Go down 
+3
Lochlainn
bmattioli
Martlet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Martlet

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 5:46 pm

I live on the North Shore of Massachusetts. I inherited it last year, and I'm now looking to find all I can about this hobby. I went out a yesterday and had zero luck at one spot, limited luck at another. Are there any clubs I could go to to learn more about this?
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Welcome!! What detector are you using? Ask away with any questions, there's alot of cool knowledgeable folks here..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Martlet

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:04 pm

I have a White's IDX Pro, but I can't use it until the battery pack or charger come in. I ordered them today. Yesterday, I used an old Discovery 2200 I had but never used.

When I take it in the backyard, it beeps with every swing. There must be a lot of trash back there.
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:35 pm

I have not used either machine but I'd bet the Whites is a nice one. Try and turn down the descrimination to stop all the beeping and get out there and practice and pratice..

Good luck!! Hope you find lots of stuff..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Welcome to the forum Martlet Very Happy Great to have you with us. We have a nice small core group of folks here. Welcome to our corner of the internet :-)
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
SeabeeRon
Founding Member
Founding Member
SeabeeRon

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Good to have ya Martlet! cheers Welcome from out California way! bounce
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I've got an IDX Pro too. Mine uses AA batteries - they last forever. Don't know about your other detector, but as Bruce said, try lowering the sensitivity (you could have it turned up too high - which can generate false signals.) A good place to learn about a new detector is tot-lots - playgrounds with wood chips. Go at dawn - before the kids show-up and sweep the whole place. If it hasn't been swept recently, you'll find something. Volleyball courts are another great place to learn. When you're digging in the wood-chips and sand, turn the discrimination off - the digg'n is easy - dig everything. Don't get frustrated.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:27 am

Welcome, Martlet !! The IDX Pro is a great machine, you'll get used to it fast, save the BH for tag along friends etc. Don't be afraid to adjust the settings and experiment !! The Pro is a coin magnet !! Don't forget to post your finds here, so we can all see !! Rich.
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:02 am

Welcome!!!! Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's new?  Me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's new? Me.   Who's new?  Me. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's new? Me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Detecting New England Forum :: Metal Detecting :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: