Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc

Go down 
+2
HEAVYMETALNUT
bmattioli
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bmattioli
bmattioli

Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc Empty
PostSubject: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Found the Silver Cat's Eye ring on Memorial Day and a 1945 Merc last Saturday at the same Ballfield I found my first at around a month ago. I can't explain why the Merc's where since this Middle school is modern. Perhaps from some lads fathers collection.. The ring was found at a High School at the entrance.. Silver ring rang out as a solid dime hit on my Ace 250 so I hope it's silver but the band is worn and I can't make out any markings..

Bruce

Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc Pictur26
Back to top Go down
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

PostSubject: nice job!   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:42 pm

awesome bruce! get some silver cleaner such as tarn-x if the black comes right off and shines like the merc then ya know ya got silver there!

Last edited by HEAVYMETALNUT on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Congratulations! Hope the ring turns-out to be silver.

I've got a bunch of pinkish-brown quarters I messed-up using electrolysis. Maybe I'll get me some tarn-x and see if that makes them silver again.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:51 am

Congrats Bruce! Some nice silver you got there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:02 pm

That is great, Bruce! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:58 pm

im yet to get a ring im hopeing ill get one once i go to the beach
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc   Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat's Eye Ring and a Merc
Page 1 of 1