Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ring & Clad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Ring & Clad Empty
PostSubject: Ring & Clad   Ring & Clad I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:55 am

Hit a tot-lot in a well-to-do neighborhood on Friday night and found me some clad. Every time I'd give-up and head for the car, I'd hit another coin (mostly pennies). Then I'd find nothing for a minute or two, give-up, and hit another coin. Didn't matter, it was getting dark, no place else to search until morning. So I went to the pool hall and hit balls until 4:30.

Ring & Clad 06212010

Last weekend I was swinging at a volley ball court, but a storm chased me away. Thought I'd go back and finish swinging. Did the whole thing again. Found very little on the left-side (and I don't understand why that is always the case.) Found a little more on the right-side.

Then I did a 10 foot area surrounding the courts and found a little more. Finally, I hit a picnic area to the right of the courts in the trees. I'd tried to scan this before with my other machines, but it was a nightmare - too trashy. But I cranked the discrimination all the way up on the Tesoro and found quite a few coins. I also found a large ring. Can't be sure what the ring is made of. If I let my imagination go wild, I can see 925 at the top of the mark. Yet the ring only weighs 8 grams. Don't know, don't care, hey - at least it's not clad.

Ring & Clad 06212011

The clad totals are; 28 quarters, 22 dimes, 9 nickels, and 30 pennies. Nothing is old, but I am, so I'm still a little sore.

Ring & Clad 06212012

Ring & Clad 06212013

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

Ring & Clad Empty
PostSubject: Ring & Clad   Ring & Clad I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 am

Nice ring! Great haul at the courts, very nice finds!!

Bruce
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

Ring & Clad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring & Clad   Ring & Clad I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Nice bunch of clad, and the ring is a real good find !! Congrats !!
Back to top Go down
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Ring & Clad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring & Clad   Ring & Clad I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:53 am

That is quite a haul, great ring too. pirat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
Sponsored content

Ring & Clad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring & Clad   Ring & Clad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ring & Clad
Page 1 of 1