Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two days - Two quick hunts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Two days - Two quick hunts Empty
PostSubject: Two days - Two quick hunts   Two days - Two quick hunts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 am

Snuck out Thursday morning for a short hunt. Hit a tot-lot about 6 blocks from my house. Never did bad here in the past, but I just don't like this place. Only had 1 hour and this is what I found: 7 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, 32 pennies, and a junk ring - I think it's stainless steel.

Two days - Two quick hunts 07242010

On Friday morning I did another raid at dawn, but this time I hit a tot-lot in a more well-to-do neighborhood. The tot-lot is hidden behind the parks department administration building and only the residents know it's there. I don't think it gets detected much. Got there at dawn and spent a whole 90 minutes hunting. Only finished scanning 70% of the chips (and this is a tiny tot-lot.) But time was limited and I had to go. Found a little more: 6 quarters, 20 dimes, 13 nickels, 61 pennies, and a sparkly stone (but something tells me it's not the good kind.)

Two days - Two quick hunts 07252010

That tot-lot wore me out. As soon as I stood up, I'd swing a few times and find another target. A lot of the targets were tiny rivet ends. Some were easy to find while others were down deep. Everything gives you the same tone on the Tesoro Umax Silver, so I had to dig every target. The only thing I discriminated out was iron.

Next time I'm wearing 2 knee-pads so I can alternate my getting up legs.

Two days - Two quick hunts 07252011

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Two days - Two quick hunts   Two days - Two quick hunts I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 am

Rich,

Nice Clad count for your short hunt. I'd be happy with the ring, looks nice to me!!

Bruce
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: Two days - Two quick hunts   Two days - Two quick hunts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Nice goin on the clad, a little sparkly is good, once in a while, Rich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two days - Two quick hunts   Two days - Two quick hunts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two days - Two quick hunts
Page 1 of 1