Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last week was bleak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Last week was bleak Empty
PostSubject: Last week was bleak   Last week was bleak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:40 am

Last week I was able to get out almost every morning at dawn for a very quick hunt. The first hunt was very bleak:

Last week was bleak 08062010

I did the chips, the grass around the chips, the grass around the walks, the grass around the parking area, I even did the picnic areas. That just isn't the tot-lot for me.

Then I discovered a giant tot-lot complex not far from my place. It's 2 or 3 blocks long with equipment spread-out all over the place. The surface is mostly sand with very tiny rock particles mixed in. After it rains it almost turns into concrete. Did OK the first day under the swings and the tires of death. Did a different section the next day and didn't find any quarters. Then I took a day off.

Last week was bleak 08092010

I couldn't resist another swing at the swings and tires. Then I scanned all the stuff I hadn't scanned before in this section.

Last week was bleak 08092011

Didn't find one quarter that day. Found a wheatie and lots of small change. Tons of pull-tabs and random can-slaw. Kept thinking there must be a ring here somewhere. I was wrong.

The next day I couldn't take anymore. I had to swing someplace else.

Last week was bleak 08102010

Found lots of trash in that tot-lot too. But at least I was able to see an ending. I went there, I did it, it's done, now I'll let it recharge for a long time. It's one of those out of the way tot-lots only the residents and their visitors know about.

If I calculate my hourly wage, I'll probably sell all my machines on ebay.

Last week was bleak 6_day_10

Hope you all find better stuff than I've been finding.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

Last week was bleak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last week was bleak   Last week was bleak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:29 pm

You'll find a good place, if you keep at it, don't get discouraged, Rich.
Back to top Go down

Last week was bleak
Page 1 of 1