Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar Empty
PostSubject: Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar   Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....argh me matey! Hooked up with Capt Jack Sparrow for a little pilaging and plundering along the South Shore. Twas a fair nor'wester a blowing which would make for smooth sailing on the "Otto" although raising the Jolly Rodger would have made it hard going with all the law enforcers on the sea so we raised anchor and sailed away at a respectable knot.

We sailed by many an inn keeper on the rugged coast purveying fine grog and wez was thirsty from breathing in the crisp salt air not to mention the lack of company of a good wench. A ration of "Tim's" was given by the captain who wanted his first mate to be in a lucid state whilst attempting to steal the silver sand dollar! Mind you the harbours were full of poor sailors who would turn us in for a drink of dark and dirty rum!Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar P1310001

It looked like the govenor of the colony was going to have a garden party on the shore line as folks from all over were going here and there while their horseless carriages stood at the ready. The grey mansion made for a temptation that Capt Jack and I would love to explore and dig up some booty but calmer minds prevailed.Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar P1310004

We heard a cannon rumble and dropped to the deck only to find out that the local military were signaling noon time.

We saw a parade ground for partakers of various sporting goods and sent a shore party searching for buried gold and jewels and were rewarded with a pitance of coppers. But alas me matey the silver sand dollar was found by yours truly...first mate Bud Nonthewiser.

Capt. Jack was happy and swang his Ace in the woodsCapt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar P1310007

hoping to add to the plunder finding 40 coppers whilst the first mate being edgy from a broken Seahunter plugCapt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar P1310005

did go on a pilaging rampage netting the silver sand dollar, an insignia from a ranking officer a cross from a pagan that we made walk the plank and 191 coins @ $11.84 for the grog fund.Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar B

Returning to port the main lady had turned foul ....just like the weather and was not wooed by the silver sand dollar!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar   Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 am

Here is a link to the Garrett Service page: http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport.htm

One of the battery holders for my GTA 1000 broke last spring. I sent an email to the sales department and Melinda wrote me back. Here is her contact info:

Hi Rich,

I can send you some new battery holders. Just give me your address and I’ll get some in the mail to you. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Melinda Harper

Customer Service Hobby Division

Garrett Metal Detectors

1881 W. State St.

Garland, TX 75042

Phone: (972) 494-6151

Phone: (800) 527-4011

Fax: (972) 494-1881

If you'd rather just send the coil to them, here is a link to a page they'd like you to fill-out and send-in with anything that needs fix'n: http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/service.htm

You might want to talk with Melinda. Everyone says that she is the best - and so do I. She'll do her best to take care of you. She might suggest you send the entire machine in for a check-up.

(In contrast, I needed a new battery holder for my White's machine. Called their repair center about 20 minutes away from me and listened to the phone ring. Then I sent them an email, asked how much a new battery holder would be and if I could stop by and pick one up. They told me they only handled things through the mail - and I would need to pay $10 for the holder and another $5.00 for shipping.) Others have happier stories about White's service, but they're in other parts of the country.
Back to top Go down
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

PostSubject: yo Bill   Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:45 am

From the land of the Bluenose.....sending it back with one of my old Freedoms to garrett...treat me gud youz!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar   Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capt. Jack Sparrow and the Quest for the Silver Sand Dollar
Page 1 of 1