Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finds from a winter hunt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Finds from a winter hunt Empty
PostSubject: Finds from a winter hunt   Finds from a winter hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:03 pm

From the land of the Bluenose....after the deep chill of the last hunt dressed accordingly for what may be the last dig of this season as we were dew for another good dumping of that dirty four letter word that is in every diggers vocabulary! With the roads not the greatest, hit a nearby favourite spot of mine that seemed to have escaped the worse of the first snow fall.
Finds from a winter hunt P5090001
Digging was not that easy as the more I swung the coil the heavier it got as ice and snow gathered on it. Was thinking that if I go out again I'll get some deicer from the guys at work. If it is good enough for the Embraes and RJ jets it's got to be good enough for my Garrett!

After an hour I was done out, wet and ready to pack it in as my finger tips started to freeze bigtime. Only thing that seemed to keep me going was the natural beauty of the ballfield on the lake , the peace that it offered as well as the haunting tune played by my Garrett as the wind blew through the holes on it's shaft. Take for the short outing was a dinkie, 2 foreign coins (Spanish and Argentina)and 25 coins @ $1.42
Finds from a winter hunt P5110005
Of course the weatherman was right and arrived home at dusk to find that the plow had gone through making a nice spot to park Otto.
Finds from a winter hunt P5110003
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

Finds from a winter hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finds from a winter hunt   Finds from a winter hunt I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Nice finds not bad for doing it in the snow!
Back to top Go down

Finds from a winter hunt
Page 1 of 1