Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy Davy Roasted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Navy Davy Roasted Empty
PostSubject: Navy Davy Roasted   Navy Davy Roasted I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:04 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....0345hrs and Navy Davy's Thunderbolt Grease Slapper was sinking in the quicksand with my detectors in the box. As the last tail light submerged my metal sieve floated to the top as a Presidents choice 18 wheeler drove by. Lord love a duck! This bouy has to stop eating "Comeau's Herring in Wine Sauce" before going to bed!

At least I was up early and called ND at 0732hrs and said ,"Let's do the dew me bouy" and he arrived 26 minutes later and I presented the retired sea dog with this. Had emptied my digging coat of 42 coins @ $3.42 before this.
Navy Davy Roasted PA060001
Only problem I had was figuring if he enlisted in
Navy Davy Roasted PA060005
or retired in
Navy Davy Roasted PA060003
Anyway the local paper inserted a nice supplement in the paper for our brave lads.
Navy Davy Roasted PA060014
With that out of the way and the mandatory stop at Tim's we were on the 103 with cruise control in Mrs. Navy Davy's Impala which now had a floor full of empty coffee coffee cups which we trashed in the first garbage can we came across least me Bud be "cannonized" by a 12 pounder! We hit the beach in much the same fashion as a sea turtle coming to lay its off springs.
Navy Davy Roasted PA060007
It was about this time that Navy Davy dropped the big one on me!
"Do you know that I'm bisexual?"
I was floored and retorted ,"Dave Sharon is a great girl and you have lovely grandchildren."
""Well what I meant was that if I want sexual favours.....I have to pay."
What a load off this bouys's chest and we continued doing the Late Great Bardman's famous "drunken sailor" grid finding not much else other then sunshine and the wind playing a tune through the holes in the shafts of our respective Garrett Freedom 3's. Like the Yanks say ..."Take my gun from my dieing hands" it will be like getting my Freedom 3 Plus back! He did fix one of them 4 times and I'm thinking of calling Brad at Garrett in Garland and having him put on the payroll.

Anyway we left the beach but not before Navy Davy showed me his new friend he had met on the beach. Worry about me bouy!
Navy Davy Roasted PA060009
Anyway Navy Davy dug 63 coins @ $5.42 whereas I dug a dewy and 79 coins @ $10.31
Navy Davy Roasted PA060012
Hats off to all units of the free world helping those that seek democracy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Navy Davy Roasted
Page 1 of 1