Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 Empty
PostSubject: Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863   Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:22 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....early start with the mandatory stop at Tim's then to the Dingle which at the onset we had to ourselves at least for the first hour!
Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 PA310001
Tide was out and we noodled along the shore and lower grass areas with Navy Davy pulling out a Vicky fish scale (can't read the date yet) and a diamond ring (band needs to be repaired) which made me bouy do his happy dance. ND is on a roll.

After that good find he scoffed three metal buttons and a few more coins and we adjourned to "Rotten Ronnie's" for two of those any size for a buck pops. Man what a sugar rush.

Hit another shore line and we both popped a few coins with the oldest being a Brit 1863 penny in a toasty state. Of course that paled in comparison with the 7 golf eggs I recovered!

Next we headed inland to an old golf course that had just too much vegetation to swing in. Did see a few nice Lady Slippers though!
Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 PA310005

Navy Davy's finds.
Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 PA310009
Bluenoser's 48 coins and 2 keys.
Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863 PA310012
On a sad note I couldn't talk the boss into going for a drive to a local park to get the 2 coins I needed for quota but had to settle for a drive and an ice cream. Time now to hit the books and study for my yearly airport exam for work. Talk about dry stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Diamond "O", Vickie and 1863
Page 1 of 1