Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems

Go down 
+2
Deep silver
Lochlainn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 5:44 am

Hi Folks,

Wanted to start a thread about the hacker issues that are going on over at my home forum over at the "Friendly Metal Detecting" forum. Like I said over there, everyone is welcome to use this forum to communicate in the event of a site crash over there. It's really sad that someone would be so sick as to steal a family hobby site like that. I hope they catch the culprit. Woke up this morning and a ton of posts were missing over there including Vlad's "I need help post" which dealt with the hacker issue. I really hope all is not lost over there. It's a very sketchy situation at the moment Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
Deep silver
Founding Member
Founding Member
Deep silver

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:24 am

Lochlainn Thanks for opening up your home........
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:59 am

It's my pleasure Deep Silver. Thank you for joining this forum and helping to populate our small numbers. Just glad that we are all able to start getting back together and continue talking. I always look forward to waking up/coming home to checking the "Friendly" forum. Was a real bummer when the hacker took over. I am sure Vlad will have things sorted out in a bit, until then at least we can "crash" here. Great to see you ! HH
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
booker
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 am

Sounds like the Pee Ant still has control of the Friendly Forum but Vlad has control of most of his site now and is working on the forum. Thanks for letting on here New England Forum
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Booker!!!! Great to see you again buddy...
Back to top Go down
Carol K

PostSubject: Here's what happened   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 pm

I kept notes while this whole mess was going on, Maybe you can gleen some information from what I wrote.

I put all the information here so hopefully no one else will go through what we did.

http://2good2lose.com/hijacked-domains.shtml

We're hoping this will all be considered the "past" tomorrow. We should be hearing from Domain site.com, the registrars with the forum. They are located in Colorado, and was nice enough to dump the fake forum for us.

I found all the receipts for proof of ownership, and emailed them to them Saturday. So they better call us or email us Monday!

Off to Bed.... Carol K
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 am

Thanks for the update Carol. Man, you had quite a time. Hope you never have to go through that again. Get some rest.
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:00 am

Carol, I'm pretty sure PayPal will reverse those donations - as long as you can convice them that it was a case of fraud. Don't know how long it takes PayPal to transfer funds to a bank account, but I know it takes them weeks to issue a check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum Problems
Page 1 of 1