Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silver from the Cash Register :-)

Go down 
+2
ClassicIISL
tinky1878
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

Silver from the Cash Register  :-) Empty
PostSubject: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 am

I received these the other day from the general store up above my house. They look out for coins for me. The mercs are 1936 and 1944. The Washington is a 1944. I think it has been in a fire. Any ideas on how the clean it?

I was happy to see them!

Thanks for looking!

Silver from the Cash Register  :-) Silver10
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:22 pm

worth about 12 x face value right now, so .70 x 12 = $8.40 in silver, u did good !!
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Nice silver Tink, It's cool that those folks are looking out for your collection and saving them for you!! I'd be quite pleased..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Nice coins. You sure have some nice neighbors.

I'm that last person who should give advise about coin cleaning. Every time I try electrolysis, my quarters turn from dirty silver to a coppery-pink. They get clean but look like giant pennies.

You know (yeah - here I go - I wouldn't listen if I were you) Beefcake has been recommending Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser to clean tarnish from silver. Don't know how it would work on that, but it's just an idea.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:38 am

Wow nice silvers Jake Very Happy Thats awesome that the store saves those for you. Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks, guys!
Back to top Go down
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Nice work dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver from the Cash Register :-)   Silver from the Cash Register  :-) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver from the Cash Register :-)
Page 1 of 1