Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel Empty
PostSubject: Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel   Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:46 am

My 1919 Buffalo Nickel that I found in an old park in Chicago. This is the 2nd Buffalo Nickel that I have found. It looks like it was dropped early on in it life, with the date so clear and all. I am super happy with it. 2 indians in 2 hunts, cool...

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel 2579690647_e1f4cc819d

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel 2580519170_0a6dd21782
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel   Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:27 am

Very nice find!!!

I should tell you that I have been warned about hunting in Chicago parks. Some detectorists have been run-off by the cops. Don't know what the big deal is. I've read posts by another hunter who does OK in Chicago parks and he's never had a problem. So I'm just passing along what I have heard. I think if you stay out of the lake-front parks, you should be OK. Looks like it's open-season on the beaches though.

The Cook County Forest Preserve also has a strange rule; you can swing, but you're not supposed to dig. I've spent lots of time swinging and digging in front of those cops and they don't seem to care - they almost seem amused. Yet, others have received tickets for doing the same thing.

I've heard that DuPage county is real strict; you can't even swing a detector in their forest preserves. Yet I'm fairly certain that DFX-Gregg swings out that way and I've never read any bad news in his posts.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down

Found another Indian/ but this one is a Buffalo Nickel
Page 1 of 1