Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunt'n In The Rain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Hunt'n In The Rain   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:13 am

I was planning on scanning my favorite volley ball courts this morning. But it started raining heavy around 5:00 am. At 5:45 it started to let-up a little, so I zoomed to the park. It was still raining lightly so I hit a picnic area near the courts which is covered by trees. This is a trashy place to I turned the discrimination up very high. I found a bunch of clad and a strange metal cigarette with a little hole in one end and a larger hole in the other end. Each time I got near the volley ball courts, the rain came down hard. As I worked myself away from the courts, the rain would almost stop. After 150 minutes of hiding under the trees, I was kinda wet, so I figured I might as well give the courts a swing. As soon as I got half-way to my usual starting point in the sand, the sky opened up and it rained harder than it had all day. So I gave-up and fled to the car.

Hunt'n In The Rain 07192010

The haul wasn't bad; 23 quarters, 14 dimes, 1 nickel, and 14 pennies.

Hunt'n In The Rain 07192011

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt'n In The Rain   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:25 pm

You are hammering the quarters !! hope your machine stayed dry !!
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt'n In The Rain   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:53 pm

ClassicIISL wrote:
You are hammering the quarters !! hope your machine stayed dry !!

I put a sandwich bag over the control box. It stayed nice and dry.
Back to top Go down
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Nice haul   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:08 am

Frtom the land of the Bluenose.....hunting in the rain is a fav here too. Nice and quiet. Lots of coffee money there...wtg!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: THAT METAL CIG   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:29 pm

IS A CRACK PIPE LOL! SERIOUSLY IT IS! I'D TOSS THAT SUCKER.COPS SEE THAT YA MIGHT NOT BE DETECTING FOR A BIT.
DAVE
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt'n In The Rain   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Thanks Dave. Threw it out after I took it's picture. Didn't know it was a crack pipe. We used to try to use things like this with weed. Very frustrating. It usually fell out before you could light it. When you did get it lit it either fell out then or it shot through the tube into your mouth - which burned. Can't imagine how you'd use a thing like this for crack. Guess you've got to hold your head back so the rock don't fall out then try to light it without falling on your butt.. But I've never tried that junk - so I don't know.

But thanks again for the warning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunt'n In The Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunt'n In The Rain   Hunt'n In The Rain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunt'n In The Rain
Page 1 of 1