Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four more hunts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Four more hunts Empty
PostSubject: Four more hunts   Four more hunts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 am

Been doing short hunts at dawn. Thursday I hit a tot-lot I tried about a year ago. Found 6 cents last time, so I thought I'd let it recharge a while. Found 2 dimes and 3 pennies this time. Think I'll leave that one alone for a couple of years.

Friday I hit a tot-lot behind a school. I hit this place last October for a night hunt and found $5 or $6 in clad. This hunt was not as good. Found about 38 cents away from the equipment. Just before I left, a custodian stopped by to see how I was doing. She said I was only the 2nd person she'd ever seen sweep this playground. The first person swept it last week - while a crew was putting fresh chips down. (Must have used a lot of discrimination. I did find a few nickels and a bunch of pull-tabs near the equipment - down low.) Mad

Four more hunts 07292015

Saturday morning I spent a couple of hours scanning a park I seem to hit all the time. Swept the volley ball courts again, but only found 2 cents and a car. Finished sweeping most of the picnic area and did OK. Found a few more Hollywood Park tokens too. (It's like an indoor tot-lot.) Gonna stay away from there for a while. Lost my knee-pads on the way home - it's a sign.

Sunday morning I hit a tot-lot I discovered last night while on a cruise. It's in a well-to-do neighborhood. (There's another tot-lot 1 block away - which I got skunked at last summer.) This tot-lot is very small. But it had so many targets, it took me 2.5 hours to scan. The haul wasn't bad; 6 quarters, 10 dimes, 9 nickels, and 48 pennies.

Four more hunts 08032011

The total haul for the 4 hunts was OK I guess; 18 quarters, 25 dimes, 17 nickels, and 98 pennies for a total of $8.83 - which might have paid for my gas.

Four more hunts 08032010

Now I've got to find some new places to plunder while these places recharge.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

Four more hunts Empty
PostSubject: NICE JOB!   Four more hunts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am

DON'T WANNA JUST KICK YOURSELF IN THE BEHIND WHEN YA FIND OUT SOMEONE BEAT YA TO THE PUNCH? Mad
DAVE
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

Four more hunts Empty
PostSubject: Four more hunts   Four more hunts I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Nice clad count and spied the Token you found, love those.. Very nice haul indeed!!

Bruce
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

Four more hunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four more hunts   Four more hunts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:37 pm

find some new places 4 sure, the replenishing cycle, is taking too long !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Four more hunts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four more hunts   Four more hunts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four more hunts
Page 1 of 1