Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Triple Tot-lot Saturday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Triple Tot-lot Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Triple Tot-lot Saturday   Triple Tot-lot Saturday I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Spent the night in the pool-hall and hit the road at 5:15 am. Got to the first tot-lot at 5:30 am. This one is hidden behind a parks department building. I discovered it last July and did pretty good on that hunt. It didn't seem to have been hunted before. I cleaned it out again on Saturday, and it was much easier this time - very little trash and not too many coins either. The best find at this place was a small cross. It was just getting light out when I left.

Then I thought I'd hit a small fishing pond, but on the way there I discovered a volley ball court I'd never seen before - I had to give it a quick swing. (Should have kept on going.) Found 1 nickel and 1 penny in the sand. There was also a very small tot-lot there, so I gave that a scan too. Found a few coins and a little junk - this place is gettng scanned regularly. On my way to my car I popped a couple of rifle shells.

Now it was 8:15 am - too late to do any good at a new fishing pond, so I headed for home. But, 2 minutes later, I noticed a large tot-lot which I had hit at the end of July. (During that meager hunt, one of the custodians at the school told me someone else had scanned the place a week earlier.)

Triple Tot-lot Saturday 10252010

I didn't do too bad this time, found most of the stuff in the open areas - away from the equipment. Found a junk heart with stones only 7 swings from where I parked my car. After that it was all clad and pull-tabs. Cover 80% of this tot-lot, but then I saw a tot!!!! A really short one with a snow-suit on and he looked like he might come and help me dig. So I waved hello and fled to the car with all due haste. Now it was 9:30 and I was cold and real tired so I went home.

Triple Tot-lot Saturday 10252011

Triple Tot-lot Saturday 10252012

I was surprised by the coin count; 13 quarters, 17 dimes, 8 nickels, 46 pennies (one was a wheatie from 1947).

Triple Tot-lot Saturday 10252013

I'm a little stiff now but that's OK. Hope I get a chance to get out again tomorrow.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Triple Tot-lot Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Tot-lot Saturday   Triple Tot-lot Saturday I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:39 pm

Great haul bud!!! Its always sad to see shell casings come out of a tot lot...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

Triple Tot-lot Saturday
Page 1 of 1