Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tundra dig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Tundra dig Empty
PostSubject: Tundra dig   Tundra dig I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:12 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....the noise was going right through me making me cringe and gasp for air! One would think that after over 30 years at the same dentist the world's worst patient would relax. Not to be and this was only a cleaning!

Escaped uninjured and headed to a park to do a little swinging to relieve my stress from the visit to Dr. Boyle, work and looking after Marie which caused my nose to break out in red bloches. Lord love a duck Rudolph had nothing over this bouy with "his nose so bright" who is considering moonlighting as a lead sled puller.
Tundra dig P5010001
Anyway the ground was still soft and targets fairly plentiful. Only hassle was this darn spot was Rover who kept on dropping a ball at my feet. If only my rotater cuff wasn't shot I would have throw it's green and red tennis ball in the Northwest Arm in the North Atlantic Drift Current. At least he didn't fertilize the lawn nor think my leg was a fire hydrant.

Got a nice signal and pulled out a cute locket with the three Disney Diva's on it....hold on have to ask the expert on this one.....okay ...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and "Beauty and the Beast" minus the Beast. What ever happened to my favourite...Capt Hook?

Anyway I had quota (so I thought) and had to head home to take care of my "princess" as I had been gone a little over two hours. Started supper, cleaned, did the wash and counted my loot.........................son of a salted or frozen halibut! My hands had been frozen. My boots full of salt. But no quota. Miscounted by three. Being an average neurotic, slightly unbalanced detectotist like most of us I headed out to capture three more coins close to home to make quota. Since the dishes were done it was near time to mess them up with supper so away I went.........to get butter!.
Tundra dig P5010008
Less then15 minutes later 8 coppers had joined the mud in the bottom of my digging jacket pocket so I meandered over to the grocery store for butter after reading an email I had recieved about margerine..................shocking youz!

Anyway here is the before washing stage of th finds.
Tundra dig P5010003
And here is the after washing finds which incluedd the locket, a combination dewy, watch (nice strap on it) and 55 coins @ $3.90 which will be added to the back to the UK fund which if things go right will be in June!
Tundra dig P5010003-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Tundra dig
Page 1 of 1