Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quota with seaside silver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Quota with seaside silver Empty
PostSubject: Quota with seaside silver   Quota with seaside silver I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:07 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....just a day off and I took advantage of it and headed to the Dingle for some peaceful swinging. Not a soul was in the park even though it was warm and a tad overcast. Picked up a few coins on the south east end of the park then headed north seeing a sailboat moored offshore with a rather neat name!
Quota with seaside silver P8220002
Anyway got bored here so I left and hit a park on the Bedford Basin which was far from being quiet like the Dingle! Apparently CNR was fixing the rail line in this area using a type of machine this bouy had never seen before. I approached a railway man and asked him what the machine does to which he responded that it straightens and realigns the tracks. learn something new every day!
Quota with seaside silver P8220003
With the noise level so high I hit the lower level of the park meandering here and there watching two folks almost get into over each other's dog attacking the other. No loser as far as I could see but the lady had a mouth on her that would embarrass a stevedore.

Hit the shoreline and pulled out a George V1 dime along with a slew of pennies that were rather toastie but what the halibut they helped me achieve quota!

Take for the short outing was a soldier with his M1, a key, the silver dime and 71 coins @ $6.54
Quota with seaside silver P8220004
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Quota with seaside silver
Page 1 of 1