Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trouble with the new forum (not this one)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Trouble with the new forum (not this one) Empty
PostSubject: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

It's Friday, 04/11/2008, just tried to bring-up the menu at Vlad & Carol's new temporary forum, and I'm getting error messages. Hope the hacker isn't messing with that one too.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:21 pm

I just went there too. That doesn't look good... like you said, hopefully the hacker hasn't gotten into that one too Mad
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
SeabeeRon
Founding Member
Founding Member
SeabeeRon

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Just got an e-mail from Vlad and the server is down, it's not our little friend across the water!!!
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Ahh good to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 am

I checked it out on friday too, was workin, but I noticed the members haven't been returning, at a very fast rate. I tried signing in, and it wouldn't work, so I said the heck with it... too much hassle ! Also the original friendly forum, still looks like it's not back yet, all old posts, I don't think it looks right, yet, anyways !!
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:15 am

ClassicIISL wrote:
the original friendly forum, still looks like it's not back yet, all old posts, I don't think it looks right, yet, anyways !!

If you look at this link from the new forum, temp forum down, you will see that Carol tells us to delete our links to the old forum from our favorites file. At this point, that old forum is still not back under their control.
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 am

billiard rich wrote:
ClassicIISL wrote:
the original friendly forum, still looks like it's not back yet, all old posts, I don't think it looks right, yet, anyways !!

If you look at this link from the new forum, temp forum down, you will see that Carol tells us to delete our links to the old forum from our favorites file. At this point, that old forum is still not back under their control.
I deleted all my shortcut links on the second day, also advised others on this forum, to do the same. I used google to get to the site on friday, its still not right !! Rich.
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 am

The old Friendly Forum is an old copy stolen by the Vietnamese hijacker scum and is being hosted by
a different server. That is why the URL is different from what it used to be. We are trying to shut him
down, but the hacker, being in Vietnam, makes it difficult.

Some people scanned the email received from him, enticing them to come back to the (hijacked) Friendly
Forum and found that it contained some Trojan software. In particular, a key logger program designed to
record everything you type on your keyboard and periodically mail it back to its home base. Be Careful!
Your passwords to financial institutions, credit card info ,.... could be at risk. If you receive any emails from
this jerk, delete them unopened. He is using email addresses named like "hongcogihet100" to send out his mass
mailing.

For those interested, we have set up a temporary forum here
If you have problems registering, please send Vlad an email at <wwhiker@aol.com>.

Hope to see you all at the new forum soon.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:11 am

Trojan! Mad I assume ONLY if you clicked on it though right ??
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Lochlainn wrote:
Trojan! Mad I assume ONLY if you clicked on it though right ??

Yes, you would have to click launch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with the new forum (not this one)   Trouble with the new forum (not this one) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble with the new forum (not this one)
Page 1 of 1