Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??

Go down 
+3
johnrcurtis@comcast.net
bmattioli
Lochlainn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm

I just tried to log onto the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum and it is down!? I hope it's the server management dealing with the hacker issue and not the hacker doing this. It's so disgusting that someone would do that.
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:22 pm

It's down when I tried to log on too.. This is bad.. I hope all clears up soon, these hackers are just freaks--

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 pm

ya it's ridiculous Mad I tried posting some invites for folks over there to use this forum in case this happened. Everyone's posts kept disappearing though so not sure how many folks found this site. Let's hope some more stop by scratch
Back to top Go down
johnrcurtis@comcast.net
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 pm

This is also tough on us new guys. I've only been on the Friendly site a couple of weeks and I felt I'd found a home - some place where I could learn from good people. I'm hoping the site's down for repairs and will be up and flyin' real soon.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 pm

ya I hope they resolve the issues soon, I am going through forum withdrawal Shocked Welcome to the forum jcurt172. Make yourself at home. I set this forum up as soon as I heard about the hacker issue so that we'd have a place to "crash" while they were sorting things out. Feel free to tell any of your fellow detecting friends about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
strikerm

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Yes the site is still down I hope they get their issues resolved. I am going through withdrawal also.
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:19 pm

I see that the hacker is now posting on the old forum as Vlad... he's begging for money... Looks like one of the administrators edited his post to say "the money will go to the hacker who stole this site from the rightful owners"...lol
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:10 am

I still don't see why someone would want to hack a Metal Detecting Forum .......They must have no life!
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 am

The hacker emailed Vlad yesterday demanding Vlad give him back the domain that Vlad rightfully took back lol.. The hacker promised to try and steal the site again and also threatened Vlad so Vlad emailed ther FBI and sent the hackers threats to them..
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks for the update Craig. This hacker has some nerve. I hope they can bust him. Sounds like a real piece of work Mad
Back to top Go down
wescowood
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: RE   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 1:27 pm

Alot of people may think we are a bit strange because we swing a metal detector but this hacker gets the gold moron award for the year. What a pathetic fruit cake.
HH, Wes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??   Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum site is down ??
Page 1 of 1