Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Todays old house finds!

Go down 
+2
bmattioli
tinky1878
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

Todays old house finds! Empty
PostSubject: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:31 pm

I did not find much. I figured I would at least find a merc, but I was wrong. This place is an 1880's 2 story home. It should have been loaded with finds! It was very trashy. That is probably the reason I did not find much. Anyway, here is todays nut. 2 wheaties (1919, 1941) and a silver plated junk ring. I also found a handfull of 1960's and 70's pennies. That kept my hopes up.

Oh well, I will go back another time. They are supposed to be burning it down any day now. When they do, I hope they don't litter the area with more trash. LOL!

Here is the pic.
Thanks for looking!
Todays old house finds! Wheati10
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Wow! great finds there Jake! Sweet wheaties and that ring would have put me into a shock, LOL..
Hope you get that silver on your next visit!!

Bruce
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:21 pm

I thought I had something good when that ring came out of the ground. Next time I go, I need to focus my attention away from the house. The whole time I was 20 feet or less from the house. From past expierence, I know that most of the good coin finds are away from the house. I just thought I need to stay near the house today because next time I go, the house might be a pile of ash and it will be impossible to access. But the areas away from the house will always be accessable.

Thanks for the comment, Bruce!
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:10 pm

Nice job on the wheaties and the ring :-) Good luck with your future hunts of that property.
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:12 am

wtg
Back to top Go down
Deep silver
Founding Member
Founding Member
Deep silver

PostSubject: Re: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:59 pm

good stuff Tinky, bounce
Back to top Go down
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

PostSubject: AWESOME JAKE   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:06 pm

[b]I FOUND ALOT OF COINS CLOSE TO THE HOUSE.ESPECIALLY NEAR ENTRY WAYS.NICE FINDS.THERE'S GOTTA BE ALOT MORE IN THAT YERD.DON'T GET DISCOURAGED BECAUSE OF THE TRASH.
DAVE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays old house finds!   Todays old house finds! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays old house finds!
Page 1 of 1