Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members

Go down 
+8
HEAVYMETALNUT
SeabeeRon
Deep silver
bmattioli
Beefcake
johnrcurtis@comcast.net
Vlad
Lochlainn
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members Empty
PostSubject: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Folks,

Feel free to use this forum section to communicate about the problems being experienced over at our home forum. I really hope things are figured out soon. We are here to support Vlad and Carol through this tough time.

Last edited by Lochlainn on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
Vlad
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:01 am

Guys, I'm working hard on getting back the forum.
This hacker is in Vietnam and he has hijacked about 20 of my sites.
I will post here if I hear any good news today.

Hang in there guys.

And thank you Lochlainn for offering this place.
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Hey Vlad,

Glad to see that we got the login problem fixed. Great to see you on here too! So are the police checking into it ? What did your server provider say? I don't have many people's e-mail addresses but if anyone has some of the forum members contact info, feel free to send them a link to the site so that we can all stay connected and up to date as far as what's going on with the forum. Thanks a lot for taking the time to update us Vlad, I appreciate it. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Steve
Back to top Go down
billiard

PostSubject: Things are still strange   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:38 am

Looks like the hacker is still up to no good. If you click on the friendly metal detecting forum, you will see a page that says you are being re-directed and you do get re-directed to what looks like the old forum, but it's part of the gometaldetecting.com forum. At the top of each page is a message asking for a $15 or $30 donation. In every section of the forum is a thread (which has been moved to no-where) from one of the administrators advising us to ignore that donation message - the hacker is still in control - so don't donate.

What's really odd is this: if you click on the gometaldetecting.com link and then enter the forum section, everything looks the same, except you won't see that donation message at the top of the screen. And there are messages telling us to lay-low - the hacker is still in control. So I'm not going to post there until everything is resolved.

There is also a thread advising us of be careful if we've logged in and happen to use the same ID and password on other sites. He could collect this info, and login as us on those other sites. If that is the case for anyone, then you'd better change your passwords on those sites - just to be safe.

Hope things get resolved in Vlad's favor soon. This has to be very stressful for him.
Back to top Go down
johnrcurtis@comcast.net
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks for the info Billiard. Anyone heard from Vlad?
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:58 pm

Another update,
I have gotten some of my domains back but not all yet.
I have talked to vbulletin and asked them if the passwords were secure or not.
The reply I got was that they are hashed and are impossible to view.
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 pm

Lochlain, this is the greatest gift you could give back to the forum.... I want to give you a heartfelt thanks on all our behalves... I noticed that he removed all of the warnings that were put up last night by the administrators... Well, it's good to see all of you again... there's no place like home, but any home is better than no home at all... Keep the faith Vlad... We're all here for ya!
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Great to see you!   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Great to see you Beefcake!! Glad you found us! Good to have some of the "family" back. Please pass on the forum address to anyone else you might know from the "Friendly" forum. The more the merrier Smile I also set up a chat window so we can talk in realtime if anyone feels like it. Again great to see you, and a big welcome from New England!
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Great to see you!   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:23 pm

Beef!!

Nice to see a familiar face from the Friendly site. I was a lurker over there since I bought the Ace 250 in Jan 08 after 15 plus years out of the hobby. Having a blast and looking to upgrade to something in the future. Love the Ace but I saw where you had one as well and are quite happy with your DFX. Nice finds you got with it!! I always looked forward to your finds!!

Welcome!
Bruce
Back to top Go down
Deep silver
Founding Member
Founding Member
Deep silver

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 am

Hey Guys.........I aint the mushy type but I kinda missed you....... Laughing Laughing Laughing , I like these similes better, (did you hear that VLAD) ......Sorry about the calender thing , it was the only way I could help (that hacker killed that quick)...Good to see you guys........Hackers Eat POOP........I got some pics I will try to post.....Maybe WL came come and Blast off 10000000 stories to pass the time...[img]Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members DSC00694
I found this last year it was a whopping 2 inches deep , masked by foil, On a slow sweep I heard a high pitched wail, then the resweep I heard foil, did the Sov. wiggle and bam , it came in clean , I was shocked as all heck........take care guys, Thanks for creating a spot to chill .............someone mentioned the hacker was from Vietnam, I didnt know where but I could tell by the awful Grammer he was not From the good ole USA .........OH and Thanks to Beefcake fro Posting this link on That Other place, I hang there too............
Back to top Go down
Classic

PostSubject: Glad to find you guys   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:40 pm

I sent Vlad an e mail a few days ago, after I noticed the re-directs and that there were no new posts, everything was dated from 3/30 or earlier. That was when it was re-directing to gometaldetecting.com. Now its going to metaldetectingworld.info, but it's using the same re-direct page, thats the tip off, Then I googled friendly metal detecting, all the links on googles first page are no good, then on the second page, at the bottom, I found you guys !! Glad to see a few members found it !! Yeah, I read that test post by (vlad??), didn't think it was him, didn't think he'd use random letters for a test post. Then I saw the do not donate post, thats where I found out the hacker is from Vietnam. Hope Vlad gets it all straightened out, but it looks like it could be a while ! You guys, I deleted my friendly shortcut, in my favorites, until this all gets cleared up, don't know if it helps at all, but I feel better knowing I did. later, Rich.
Back to top Go down
ClassicI

PostSubject: Thanks Steve   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:46 pm

OH YEAH, Thanks, Steve, for giving us a place to post !! Rich.
Back to top Go down
wescowoo

PostSubject: RE   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Talked to Vlad earlier today and he told me about the problem he has had with this hacker. I hope the hacker gets ate by a coyote and is crapped off a high cliff.
HH, Wes
Back to top Go down
SeabeeRon
Founding Member
Founding Member
SeabeeRon

PostSubject: Good to see ya all again!   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:04 pm

I have been seaching the Web and posting wherever I can to maintain contact with all my buds from the Friendly Forum!! Glad I found this site!
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey Seabeeron! Great to see you! Glad you found us here. Good to see that everyone is getting back together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

PostSubject: hey everyone   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 pm

just wanted to say hello and can't wait until things are back to normal.
dave in ct
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey Dave! Glad you found us! Really good to see you. Ya I hope they can sort things out soon too as well. Make yourself at home in the meantime Smile
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Welcome Dave. Always enjoy your posts and I'm only up the road in Vernon CT. I always envy that park you got there in Waterbuty..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 7:45 am

Hello everyone! I missed you all! And, thank you HEAVYMETALNUT for informing me about this great forum!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
wescowood
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: RE   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Im glad to see alot of the old gang. Ive missed you guys and gals alot. Be glad when things get back to normal.
HH,Wes.
Back to top Go down
~Alan~
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm

wescowood wrote:
Im glad to see alot of the old gang. Ive missed you guys and gals alot. Be glad when things get back to normal.
HH,Wes.

I'll second that.

I think we should also say a big thanks to this forum for helping out cheers
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:04 pm

There's our little buddy!!! Glad to see you! We've been thinking about you Tinky... One of youngest members out there in the big world all alone with no where to post his finds that we wished we were finding...lol Really nice to see you here buddy!
Back to top Go down
CountyWorker

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Hey everyone, just checkin' in to see from "friendly" names. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members   Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place for "Friendly Metal Detecting" members
Page 1 of 1