Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just sent an e-mail to Vlad

Go down 
+4
Beefcake
Craig
bmattioli
Lochlainn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

Just sent an e-mail to Vlad Empty
PostSubject: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm

I just sent an e-mail to Vlad to let him know that some of us members are "holed up" over here and asked if he could post us an update on here. Hopefully we will hear from him soon.
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Any word on the Friendly site? I just got home and the site just gives some wierd message.. Still down, what a drag....

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Vlad joined this forum last night and left a message. It's right under this topic titled "A place for us "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" members to go". He gives an update in there.
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Saw it, Thanks Steve.. Glad Vlad joined so he can keep us informed..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:11 pm

I will try and give you an update.. Carol and Vlad have been on the phones 24/7 working to restore all of his sites.. so far he has restored 19 of the 20 sites he owns and runs.. The rest of us admins and mods have been trying to give the hacker a hard time.. at this time Epi-hunter, Okiehunter, Carol K and myself have been banned and our IPs blocked so we can't see the board.. I do go in as Dontdonate and a few other choice names.. Rudy and Gil have been editing the fishheads posts giving him grief..

The only site the hacker still has is gometaldetecting.com/forum but he can not move it from where it is because its frozen.. soon he won't even have that.. I have been on the phone constantly with Vlad some nights as late as 2 am..

What is so funny is he has taken away everyones permission to post so he has nothing.. he doesn't understand the english language to well as he has left some of the mods alone and they in turn do their dirty work Smile

He tried selling the sites but that failed, he then tried selling them back to Vlad but again that was laughed off.. its just a matter of time before we are back up but we ask patience because we have to restore everything from back ups and that is going to take time..
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys are giving the hacker a run for their money :-) Nice work. Glad to hear that Vlad has most of his site back under his control. Thanks again for the update !
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:59 pm

I seen some of the posts that were modified... pretty funny... he's begging for donations and the mods are putting don't donate inside the post Smile... Thanks for the updates.. Can't wait to get back to normal again... not that this isn't nice... There's some nice features on here.. for instance th chat and the smilies, but there's no place like home...
Back to top Go down
~Alan~
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 am

Just make sure you don't email Vlad with the phoney email address.
The one with only one "W" at the beginning. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Craig wrote:
I will try and give you an update.. Carol and Vlad have been on the phones 24/7 working to restore all of his sites.. so far he has restored 19 of the 20 sites he owns and runs.. The rest of us admins and mods have been trying to give the hacker a hard time.. at this time Epi-hunter, Okiehunter, Carol K and myself have been banned and our IPs blocked so we can't see the board.. I do go in as Dontdonate and a few other choice names.. Rudy and Gil have been editing the fishheads posts giving him grief..

The only site the hacker still has is gometaldetecting.com/forum but he can not move it from where it is because its frozen.. soon he won't even have that.. I have been on the phone constantly with Vlad some nights as late as 2 am..

What is so funny is he has taken away everyones permission to post so he has nothing.. he doesn't understand the english language to well as he has left some of the mods alone and they in turn do their dirty work Smile

He tried selling the sites but that failed, he then tried selling them back to Vlad but again that was laughed off.. its just a matter of time before we are back up but we ask patience because we have to restore everything from back ups and that is going to take time..

We may not be able to post a new thread, but as Mods we can still sneak in and do a little damage. Twisted Evil

Never thought I would enjoy being a saboteur. Wink
Back to top Go down
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

PostSubject: yo Webbie   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 am

From the land of the Bluenose.....used to post on Vlad's site but once it was hacked never could find it again on the new location.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:32 pm

It's back where it started at: Friendly Forum Link

Well - that didn't work very well. Just copy and paste this: http://metaldetectingforum.com/
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

Well, for those that haven't visited the Friendly Forum for a while, it is alive and well. The forum is now on a dedicated server and the performance from the server is incredible!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just sent an e-mail to Vlad   Just sent an e-mail to Vlad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just sent an e-mail to Vlad
Page 1 of 1