Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clue in the Old Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
danhughes

The Clue in the Old Book Empty
PostSubject: The Clue in the Old Book   The Clue in the Old Book I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Sounds like a Nancy Drew mystery, doesn't it?

But old books can be great sources for treasure leads.

Do you have a story about finding a great hunting spot thanks to something you read from long ago? Post it here!

Just this week, this notice appeared in my local paper:
--------------------------------
Area history
In 1909,
during the hot summer months, camping on the Sangamon River in Mahomet seems to be all the rage. Last summer, nearly 300 families camped around here, and from present indications there will be twice as many this year.
--------------------------------
Mahomet is a small town ten miles west of me, and there is still a county park along the Sangamon River. I've detected that park several times, but only in the play areas, never by the river. You can bet where I'll be hunting next time I'm there!

My lastest podcast is about using old books and other publications to find clues to long-forgotten treasure areas, just waiting for you to come along with your metal detector.

Listen to it by clicking the pink button at this site:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

---Dan Hughes
Back to top Go down
http://treasuremanual.com

The Clue in the Old Book
Page 1 of 1