Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy davy finds...................his button

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Navy davy finds...................his button Empty
PostSubject: Navy davy finds...................his button   Navy davy finds...................his button I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....Marie was feeling a lot better today and has most of her mobility back but I still felt guilty after making her breakfast and getting her ready for the day as I was going out in the bitter cold with Navy Davy for a few hours digging!

Arriving at "Flying Bra Island" we noticed that one was missing. Unfizzled and unconcerned we began our dig with Navy Davy's first target of the day a super nice button.
Navy davy finds...................his button P5020006
Navy davy finds...................his button P5020008
I immediately wondered if had been on a coat of Navy Davy in one of his former lives...lol!

Navy Davy's next target was a kids ring and the bouy was in 7th heaven with a big grin on his face. Not sure from the finds or if it was the moisture from his wind blown eyes that had frozen around the corners of his mouth.

We popped a few here and there and headed home figuring that it was great to get out this time of the year for what might be the last hurrah.

ND's take for the day was a kid's ring, the remains of a pocket watch, the super button and 25 coins.
Navy davy finds...................his button P5020009
As for this bouy a toastie 1871 Prince Edward Island penny, junk ring and 65 coins @ $2.59
Navy davy finds...................his button P5020014
Took the opportunity also to take photos of ND's rings from the last outing as the photos I'd taken in the dark didn't turn out!
Navy davy finds...................his button P5020005
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Navy davy finds...................his button
Page 1 of 1