Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Philately aids metal detecting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Philately aids metal detecting Empty
PostSubject: Philately aids metal detecting   Philately aids metal detecting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....was watching a youtube vid the other day and the fellow used a magnifying glass to help with close ups so I thought I would give it a try using a 4x glass that I use to look for watermarks on stamps.
Philately aids metal detecting P7140005
Took about 5 photos to get it right but here is the hallmarks from the 18K and 10K white gold rings I found last week.
Philately aids metal detecting P7140003
Philately aids metal detecting P7110006
Since Marie was off work today with a touch of the flue I took the opportunity to get out a digging for a couple of hours at a playing field. Used the old Freedom 3 Plus which works well enough when you swing it at a super slow speed so that it doesn't always false. Still a great machine! An hour and 35 and I had a quota of 53 coins @$5.47
Philately aids metal detecting P7140015
After making a bowl of hot soup for Marie I got to hang our newest photo which we had purchased in the Dominican. "Selena the Ballerina" is our first non Van Meere painting!
Philately aids metal detecting P7140009
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Philately aids metal detecting
Page 1 of 1