Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... Empty
PostSubject: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:08 pm

We would like our members to go to the hacked board and delete if possible all there posts or at least edit them leaving a dot..

We the admins have been banned...
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Is it safe to go over there ? I am a little apprehensive about logging into the site seeing as he was trying to send people Trojans etc.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:55 am

I was over there tonight. I deleted all my PM's, changed my email address in my profile, sent PM's to all the people who posted since the 30th of March and told them they were on a hacked/stollen forum (there where only 6 or 7 posts). I also changed my old password to a new one I'd never use on another site.

Tried to reply to a post, but I was not allowed. Tried to start a new thread, but i was not allowed. Tried to delete my posts, but I was not allowed. Logged-out and registered under a new ID. To activate the account, you have to wait for an email, then follow that link. I figure that's where the Trojan will come from, so the email got sent to an AOL email address with a very nasty name - which I don't think exists. Tried to post under that ID but since I hadn't activated the account, I couldn't.

Scanned my computer after each visit - nothing was detected.

You might want to visit the old forum, PM the people, who posted since the 30th, tell them they're on a bad site and invite them to join us here. (They might not believe me, but if 2 or more of us send them PM's, they might be convinced.)

That hacker is a moron. He allows me to send PM's, delete PM's, change my password as well as my email address, but I can't change anything else in my profile. He don't speak the language so good. In the Forum Announcements section, he tries to speak like Vlad, but he just misses.

If you have any sensitive info in your PM's, it might be a good idea to delete them. I'd also change the email address in your profile too - who knows, he might sell them to spammers.
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:12 am

Lochlainn wrote:
Is it safe to go over there ? I am a little apprehensive about logging into the site seeing as he was trying to send people Trojans etc.... Neutral

Loch,,, there is nothing over there you have to be afraid of Smile I never got any emails with a trogan attached and I got a dozen emails from him before he banned all of my screennames and my IP.
Back to top Go down
Craig

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:16 am

billiard rich wrote:
I was over there tonight. I deleted all my PM's, changed my email address in my profile, sent PM's to all the people who posted since the 30th of March and told them they were on a hacked/stollen forum (there where only 6 or 7 posts). I also changed my old password to a new one I'd never use on another site.

Tried to reply to a post, but I was not allowed. Tried to start a new thread, but i was not allowed. Tried to delete my posts, but I was not allowed. Logged-out and registered under a new ID. To activate the account, you have to wait for an email, then follow that link. I figure that's where the Trojan will come from, so the email got sent to an AOL email address with a very nasty name - which I don't think exists. Tried to post under that ID but since I hadn't activated the account, I couldn't.

Scanned my computer after each visit - nothing was detected.

You might want to visit the old forum, PM the people, who posted since the 30th, tell them they're on a bad site and invite them to join us here. (They might not believe me, but if 2 or more of us send them PM's, they might be convinced.)

That hacker is a moron. He allows me to send PM's, delete PM's, change my password as well as my email address, but I can't change anything else in my profile. He don't speak the language so good. In the Forum Announcements section, he tries to speak like Vlad, but he just misses.

If you have any sensitive info in your PM's, it might be a good idea to delete them. I'd also change the email address in your profile too - who knows, he might sell them to spammers.

Rich I sent about 40 PMs before he banned all my names lol...

This is all I see when I try and open board now:

You have been banned for the following reason:
the stupid, hahaha!

Date the ban will be lifted: 04-12-10, 01:00 PM

Thanks for doing whatever you can Rich Wink
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Craig,

I just set-up a 2nd ID over there. If you'd like to try to use it, you are welcome to it, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 pm

It seems that due to the flurry of PMs, many of which were unfortunately aimed at him, he's been removing the
PM capabilities. Many people now can not be sent PMs (yes, there is no way to send them PMs).
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 pm

He must be one busy guy. Twenty-four hours ago, I sent 6 PM's. Eleven hours ago, He took that away. Five hours ago he seemed to turn the PM's back on and a couple of members sent the new guy (me) pm's and I was able to respond. Now it's 10:20 in Chicago and you're right, he turned the PM's off again.

Maybe it's time to start generating lots of bogus ID's; Every few hours, register a new ID, wait a few hours - or even a day or two, then register another ID. Keep him up, keep him busy. If he turns that off, what has he got? Less than he's got now - which isn't much.
Back to top Go down
TimC

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Hey guys I would love to delete all my stuff there, but how do you get there now?
Thanks!
TimC
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:06 am

Here is a link to the bad board: http://metaldetectingworld.info/forum/index.php

First thing to do is go to your profile and change your email address and any other info you can get to - to garbage.

If you are able to send a PM to Todd, please inform him that he is on a hacked board - he just registered and is able to post.

You may or may not be able to delete all your posts. I can read all posts, but I can't delete or edit any of my posts, I can't reply to any posts, or start a new post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...   Members of Friendly Metal Detecting... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting...
Page 1 of 1