Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ten Minutes to Hunt Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Ten Minutes to Hunt Today Empty
PostSubject: Ten Minutes to Hunt Today   Ten Minutes to Hunt Today I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:41 am

Took my mom out to a local forrest preserve today to watch the deer eat some grass. (If she could, she'd have one in the house as a pet!) So we sat there for half an hour, it was getting dark, and she asks if I don't want to use my detector. I was dying to use it, but I didn't want to scare the deer away. So I did a little swinging around an old water pump.

Ten Minutes to Hunt Today First_10

Found a few bottle caps too. Wish the quarter was two years older The back of the medal was very corroded, but I can make out Gathings I Am Reunion, Chicago, Illinois, July 4, 2004.

I was very surprised to find it lying flat - 3 inches below the surface. It got kind of deep for only being lost less than 4 years.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Ten Minutes to Hunt Today   Ten Minutes to Hunt Today I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:43 am

Cool find Very Happy Makes you wonder what it was for and who dropped it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Ten Minutes to Hunt Today   Ten Minutes to Hunt Today I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:34 am

Nice find! Maybe it is forshadowing something in your future! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Ten Minutes to Hunt Today   Ten Minutes to Hunt Today I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:09 am

oh nice finds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten Minutes to Hunt Today   Ten Minutes to Hunt Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten Minutes to Hunt Today
Page 1 of 1