Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Todays in-change find!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

Todays in-change find! Empty
PostSubject: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Found this 1943 P War Nickle in my change today. I guess it is supposed to make up for my unlucky metal detecting lately! LOL! lol!

Todays in-change find! War_ni10

Todays in-change find! Nickle10
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:13 am

That's pretty cool!

Are you using the stock coil on your XLT or did you put a Hot-Shot coil on it?
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:51 am

billiard rich wrote:
That's pretty cool!

Are you using the stock coil on your XLT or did you put a Hot-Shot coil on it?

I found this in change. Lately, I have just been using my stock coil. The Hot-Shot seems to go crazy at old homesites because of the trash, so I prefer my stock coil. I use my hot shot when I am in less trashy areas.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member
ClassicIISL

PostSubject: Re: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:04 pm

I think the war nickels are 20 % silver, use a small coil for trashy areas, they pick through the trash better, smaller footprint.
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:34 am

tinky1878 wrote:
The Hot-Shot seems to go crazy at old homesites because of the trash, so I prefer my stock coil. I use my hot shot when I am in less trashy areas.

Thanks!

Well at least you do use it. I've read lots of complaints about the Hot-Shot coils when used with Garrett machines - like they produce lots of false signals.

ClassicIISL has some good advise about the sniper coil. There is a 3.5 inch Blue Max coil that will fit your machine. Takes a lot longer to search an area, but the pinpointing is easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Todays in-change find!   Todays in-change find! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todays in-change find!
Page 1 of 1