Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ Empty
PostSubject: Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+   Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 pm

I hit an old park today for 4 1/2 hours. I was just looking for deep iffy signals and learn how the machine works. My bud Goio was with me so that helped out tons. This is what I found:

1902 Indian Head Penny (Goio's help)
1919 Wheatie (Goio's help)
1934 D Wheatie
Flattened silver ring that's stamped 830 or 850
3 pistol slugs
3 deep Memorial Pennies
a lot of trash too

Goio was a life saver!!! He spent almost all of the time helping me, he found some iffy targets so I could practice listening and pinpointing them. The Explorer is totally different from my Ace 250 and will take sometime to learn, but I love a challenge!!! That makes 3 ghetto bling rings I have found at that park.

I didn't know they made silver rings in anything other than 925, anybody ever found one?

Thanks for looking, HH
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+   Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:44 am

I think that 850 mark indicates 'White Gold'. Similar to a 14K or 18K stamp. (But I could be wrong - I read about that number a few months ago and my neurons seem to arguing today.)

I'm sure you'll have a lot more fun learning about the explorer. You picked a great machine.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+   Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Nice finds! I have been wanting a Explorer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+   Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today was first time out with my new Explorer Pro!!! Silver ring, IH, Wheaties+
Page 1 of 1