Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found My First Silver Ring!!

Go down 
+4
HEAVYMETALNUT
Lochlainn
tinky1878
bmattioli
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bmattioli
bmattioli

Found My First Silver Ring!! Empty
PostSubject: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Well today I went over a co-workers house to detect his property and this silver pops out of a hole. Stamped .925 on the band. I was quite happy and did a little dance. FINALLY!! Sorry for the crappy pic, can anyone suggest a decent one for closeups?? Thanks for the read.

Found My First Silver Ring!! Pictur18

Bruce
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Beautiful ring!!! Great find, Bruce!!!
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Congrats on the ring! :-)
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

PostSubject: AWESOME!!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:46 pm

A NICE WEEKEND FOR YA! CONGRATS!!
Back to top Go down
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:22 am

Congratulations on the ring! You're having an nice silver streak.

Looks like your camera was not set in macro-mode. (The floor behind your hand is in focus.) Look for a small flower icon setting on your camera - that's for close-ups. You will need to experiment - to find the correct distance when taking close-ups. If you shoot outside in daylight, it will make things easier. Take a series of pictures in close-up mode; 9-inches, 8-inches,.... 2 inches. Then you will see which distance works best for that mode on your camera. (Some cameras are real touchy and 1/8 inch difference can make a big difference.)

Place the ring or coin or whatever on a stable surface - that will eliminate 50% of the movement which makes pictures fuzzy - trying to hold the ring steady in one hand and the camera steady in the other is hopeless. Then brace yourself as well as you can, relax, let the camera focus, then shoot. If you have a tripod, use it. The less the camera moves, the sharper your pictures will be.

After you are done taking close-ups, be sure to turn-off macro-mode, otherwise all your normal pictures will be out of focus.
Back to top Go down
Brogan
Founding Member
Founding Member
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:11 am

WTG!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Deep silver
Founding Member
Founding Member
Deep silver

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

Nice find Bruce......looks good
Back to top Go down
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:52 am

Very nice find!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found My First Silver Ring!!   Found My First Silver Ring!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found My First Silver Ring!!
Page 1 of 1