Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!   Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 pm

This happened on Wednessday.

We went to our normal hunting spot in a Chicago public park like any other day. Everything was cool.
I found a 1920 Merc, that is the end of my 71 day silver coin drought so I was happy.

I was detecting when I saw Goio saying something to me. I took off my headphones,
when I saw a young guy maybe 16 - 20 years old throw a bottle at him. It missed him, but not by much.
The guy was like 15 feet away from us. I guess Goio was digging a plug when the first bottle came sailing
right passed his head. Everytime he threw a bottle he tried to rush up on us. He prolly thought we would
drop our detectors and he could run up and grab it. Well he got really close like 10 feet from me and whipped
another bottle at me, I saw it coming right for my head so I blocked it with my forearm. Just as before he tried
to rush me. This time I raised my shovel up and said "I'm gonna cut your %$&*@# head off!!!" well he took 1
step forward then ran off. He had another buddy off like 100 feet or so. Prolly ready to call his boys if anything
happened to him.

I wish I could of got my hands on him, I would of messed him up good. But my luck, he prolly is underage and I
would go to jail!!! He was whipping those bottels hard like he played baseball or some thing. The bottle that hit me
didn't blowup on impact, it bounced off. But now I have a big lump on my forearm, but that better than a broken
nose!!!! God I hate thief's. The thing that bothers me most is that he tried to smash a bottle on Goios head when
he wasn't expecting it. Coward!!!! I at least knew that a bottle was coming at me.

Oh yea, we still have all of our gear - he got nothing from us.

here are the pix that I took of today's hunt.

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2740384482_9ae167ee91_b

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2740388568_e2fe115d20_b

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2739550411_08ffa2403f_b

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2739553173_c15a45d3ff_b

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2740390610_219564f606_b

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! 2739553819_424908ff47_b
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!   Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 am

It probably was an underaged kid. Sorry you got hit. I don't think he was trying to steal your machines, just trying to ruin your day. Just a random act of violence probably trying to impress his friend. That's why I hunt at dawn. No creeps and it's cooler too.

Didn't get to see all the pictures. (Those giant jpgs take forever to download on a dial-up line.) I did see the top half of a guy in a white hat. He needs to look a little meaner. Consider a darker hat. Maybe some camo. Don't shave before you hunt. He looks like a nice guy. Probably why the kid thought he was an easy target. We live in a sick town. I'm not inferring the same thing would not have happened to me, but given the choice between messing with a clean-cut guy and messing with an unshaven crazy looking dude in camo with one muddy glove with an extra-long ice-pick sticking out of it, I think the guy in the white hat would have gotten picked-on first.

One of my friends is John Shaft. He lives around 79th St. He's in his early 70's. Makes his money taking pictures at parties in bars in that neighborhood. He's a tough old guy, but he is an old guy and he knows it. He says he avoids a lot of hassels by acting crazy. He dresses crazy. His van looks like the guy inside must be crazy. He isn't crazy. But the appearance is enough to put doubt in peoples heads. (Is this guy crazy? Crazy people are nuts. They'll bite your face and tear hunks of it off. Let's not mess with him.) He once walked into the pool-hall wearing a cubs batting helmut with one ear-guard, a brown t-shirt, black pants with white stripes, with a pair of teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle suspenders holding them up. The next day he wore a pith-helmut, cowboy boots and another random assortment of unmatched clothes in between. Last winter he walked in wearing a skunk-skin cap. He does this mainly to keep the neighbors on his own block worried but it works on strangers too.

Anyway, I hope that never happens again. It probably was just a random thing. If nothing else, consider getting a stun-gun or some pepper spray.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
HEAVYMETALNUT
Founding Member
Founding Member
HEAVYMETALNUT

PostSubject: FREAKIN PUNKS   Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:53 am

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS.I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WIT A GROUP OF LITTLE BLACK WANNA BE THUGS HURLING ROCKS AT ME WHILE I WAS IN THE WOODLINE AT MY PARK.NEEDLESS TO SAY I GAVE CHASE DETECTOR IN HAND CURSING! THEY SCATTERED REAL QUICK.RUNNING SCALING CHAINLINK FENCES TO GET AWAY.FREAKIN LITTLE BASTADS!
Back to top Go down
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member
tinky1878

PostSubject: Re: Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!   Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Wow! That is terrible! Glad you are ok!

Thank goodness I live in Surry Co. NC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!   Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and Goio were attacked today by a theif trying to rob us!!!!
Page 1 of 1