Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold ring found near dinkie lot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Gold ring found near dinkie lot Empty
PostSubject: Gold ring found near dinkie lot   Gold ring found near dinkie lot I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:55 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....man it was a long night shift as we are short staffed and this weekend is the big annual air show. Decided not to work it but am going into work on Sunday for another shift.....baby sitting a 767 on the south apron that has ben seized as the company went out of business leaving 180 folks stranded at the terminal with no way back to Great Britian!

Was in "lala land" big time when this sucking and swoshing sound woke me up at 0915 after a good 3 hour snooze. Lord love a duck the super was doing the carpets in the building and I felt like keel hauling the bouy but he was doing a "super" job. What the halibut so a quick breakie of grapefruit juice and out the door with the gear in the rear to a once a year spot.Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230009

Gridded off the little beach and found a buried used dinkie lot!
Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230016
Then hit the trail and found some of this and that..more of this than that by the way.
Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230020
Got rather steamed up with the nice day beaming down on my depleted ozone zone on top of my head so I geared up and went aquatic which is not to be confused with going postal although I recall a time earlier in the day the thought had crossed my mind ever so briefly when the super was doing the dew.
Refreshed and invigorated I swished a grid laterally at knee deep, upper thigh and waist.........um that was chilling. At this depth I hit my find of the day which was a 10k gold ring with an aquamarine stone (happens to be Marie's birth stone for March).
Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230013
Called it a day after another half hour as my goodie bag was getting full and I hungary, tired and thinking about tonight's job in Bedford when I don the "blues" for a single game behind the plate.

Take for the day was the ring, key,2 earings, 6 dinkies,buckle, Halifax HRM pin,"dog tag dewy" and 78 coins @ 22.79
Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230023
Of course the real treat was that the new ears for Water baby had arrived!
Gold ring found near dinkie lot P2230025
Marie has already claimed today's gold!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

PostSubject: Re: Gold ring found near dinkie lot   Gold ring found near dinkie lot I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:58 pm

Les! Les! Les! What a haul! It would take me 20 hours to find $22.79 in coins. Like the ring and the dinkies too.

How does one baby sit a 767? Do they get snatched very often? Don't they have plane alarms or Lojack tracking systems?
Back to top Go down
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

PostSubject: yo Bill   Gold ring found near dinkie lot I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:52 am

From the land of the Bluenose...the airport hasa lean on the planeas the company went bankrupt and owes Hiaa about $222,000 . Waiting for the mother company that leassed the plane tothe bankrupt airline to pay up the "parking fees." Easy job baby sitting it...lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold ring found near dinkie lot   Gold ring found near dinkie lot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gold ring found near dinkie lot
Page 1 of 1