Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! Empty
PostSubject: Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help!   Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:08 pm

From the land of the BLuenose.....well hit a local playing field and netted my quota of 50 coins in a little over an hour so I headed back to the Dingle with a crowbar. A crowbar you ask! Well the other day had a good signal and when I tried to get it out it went between the rocks so I added a borrowed crowbar from my brother-in-law Steve and after 20 minutes of back breaking , rock moving I got the sucker out. Man in all my years at this hobby this rated as the hardest coin ever to retrieve.
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240006
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240004
On the way back down the path hit this lead thingie which I'm not sure what it is and could use some help identifing it. Maybe a fisherman's weight?
Anyway the Dingle was busy and showing off her natural beauty!
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240001
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240002
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240003
From the dig it was off to the hospital to visit Donna who was moved from ICU today....prayers work! With all the tubes hanging off of her I gave her the nickname the "Borge Queen"....got a smile from her although I'm not sure if she knows who that is. Just nice to see the attempt at the smile!
Take for the day was the dewy, golf egg, 1942 quarter and $5.26 including the silver.
Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! P3240001_01
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help!   Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 am

That lead thing looks like some kind of seal. Or it could be a fishing sinker - maybe a home-made one. Glad Donna is out of ICU. I hope her recovery coninues. She'll need some time to heal and then some physical theropy to get her strength back. Keep your spirits up.
Back to top Go down

Dingle gives up yet another silver....need id help!
Page 1 of 1