Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Large coppers protected by roots and angels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Large coppers protected by roots and angels Empty
PostSubject: Large coppers protected by roots and angels   Large coppers protected by roots and angels I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:41 pm

From the land of the Bluenose......where is the Windows XP disk? So much for that and I shelled out another $125 to get the computer up and running. Sure missed looking at what folks have been finding in the last week Man that is a ton of pennies I have to dig so I went out and got at it on a day that was dark, wet and dank but it did make the leaves outstanding!
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4040003
Started at a small roadside park where the clouds had cleared and the fishermen were out in full force. Park produced a few pennies amoungst the duck dew so I pointed Otto towards town and hit a playing field that was soggy and it wasn't long before I was soaked up to my knees and craving a Tim's.......gone.........sum gud youz.
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P3310001
Revitalized I headed to the faithful, old Dingle and meandered through the woods with the Freedom 3 set on max depth and no discrimination at all........going deep and dirty after the older coins. Man what a job digging these two suckers out as the roots and rocks acted like they didn't want to part with their treasures!
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4050006
Think these coins had guardian angels as I soon dug up a pair!
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4050007
Back side of one reminded me that I am due to go visit Marie's mom in the hospital where she is recovering slowly but making progress.
Time was up so I headed homeward to pick up the boss and was greeted at home by Rutgar who is getting into the swing of the season....must want a few bones
and has made some new friends.
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4050010
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4050003
Take for the day was a golf egg,2 angels,a flattened musketball and 87 coins @$6.37
Large coppers protected by roots and angels P4050013
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Large coppers protected by roots and angels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large coppers protected by roots and angels   Large coppers protected by roots and angels I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Another great hunt! Those pictures are beautiful - why can't this place look like that?

Best wishes to Marie's Mom and Marie too.
Back to top Go down

Large coppers protected by roots and angels
Page 1 of 1