Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbies dun sum gud youz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Newbies dun sum gud youz Empty
PostSubject: Newbies dun sum gud youz   Newbies dun sum gud youz I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:47 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....was really looking forward to a whole day of digging with a few newbies but first I had to fix up an old friend.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4260001
With that done I waited for the pair to show up at 0900hrs and I fired up Otto but Navy Davy said that we should take his wheels. Imagine that. Then it dawned on me just how tall the bouy is and Otto doesn't have a moon roof or is convertable!
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300021-1
It was a day made for detecting and getting the newbies into the swing of things which took no time at all.
Newbie Navy Davy swinging his Bounty Hunter.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300006
Kevlar Kev doing it with his Garrett Ace 250.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300004
Wasn't long before the newbies were down on their knees praying to the digging gods.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300016-1
Navy davy was off to a good start with a dewy that none of us had a clue what it was or used for. Any ideas?
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300008
Of course this bouy was on a nature trip admiring the views the island had to offer!
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300010
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300013
The dig was progressing well with the newbies doing the "drunken sailor" grid so I figured it was time to led them down the garden path!
Newbies dun sum gud youz Gg-1
Before we knew it 6 hours had elpased and twilight was approaching so with the last remaining daylight it was time for the photo shoot. First up is Navy Davy , swinger of the Bounty Hunter and finder of a 1916 large cent, a dewy, dog tag,keys and a super neat dinkie.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300029
Kevlar Kev had a great day finding two silver rings, a token with a hole in it (toasty) and 64 coins @.92.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P4300023
As for the Bluenoser it was a fun outing especially when I dug up a pair of dinkies used by the "Crash test Dummies" followed by a dewy (again what it is who knows and for me who cares),2 keys, earing ,a New Brunswick thing, 2 sinkers and a lure (must be land fishers in the area)
Newbies dun sum gud youz P5010038
and 174 coins @$12.88 including the 1938 dime.
Newbies dun sum gud youz P5010035
Great time with a pair of fun to be with amigos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Newbies dun sum gud youz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies dun sum gud youz   Newbies dun sum gud youz I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Looks like everyone had a great day. Excellent pictures too.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down

Newbies dun sum gud youz
Page 1 of 1