Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mother told me there would be dig days like this

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Mother told me there would be dig days like this Empty
PostSubject: Mother told me there would be dig days like this   Mother told me there would be dig days like this I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....got out for a quick swish yesterday to the lowered lake. Had called Navy Davy but he was shopping or doing some other domestically inclined event. Hit the lowered lake in the "ooooooooooooze zone' and man was it deep. Besides bringing home 10 cubic yards of muck I managed two dinkies, an RCAF button, a golf egg and 13 coins @ $2.60 for the 35 minutes in the mud bath.
Mother told me there would be dig days like this P5220002_01
That night at work was a brain drain as it was my second night of training for the 2nd I.C. job that I just got promoted to(2nd I.C. means second in command of the shift or in my case intellectually challenged.) Got off at 0515hrs and ended up in bed at 0545hrs............then the phone rang at 0926hrs
"Ayyyyyyyy hellllllllllllo."
"Where are you?"
"In bed.....trying to sleep."
"Thought we were going digging."
"Ya when I'm up...9 o'clock tomorrow Dave. Going to sleep and I'll call you when I get up"
"Ooooooooooookay we got out wires crossed."
Click. 0935hrs.
"Navy Davy I'm up met you at Shubie in 45"

So we meet up and start swinging until 5 minutes later Dave had to go back to his vehicle for batteries. "Darn newbies I said to myself. Can't teach them anything." 5 minutes later.........this newbie had to go back to Otto for..........fresh batteries!

So I take apart my Freedom 3 Plus to change the battteries and................lost the screw that goes over the battery bracket. Try as we might we couldn't find it so into the vehicles and back to Navy Davys who has a kazillion screws in his workshop and we find one that fits the bill. Then it hits me. Lord love a duck I had left my knife back at the dig site. In my transcendental meditative trance I was like the living dead due to lack of sleep. A shot through my head would have been a mere flesh wound in my condition as I was done out to fall down and if down not be able to get up again. Of couse ND was on his knees most of the outing. That bouy would do anything to get in a Tide commercial.
Mother told me there would be dig days like this P5220006
Ya grin buddy for if I had a step ladder I'd climb up it and jap slap you in the knees but had to settle for taking him to Tim's for a mud. That helped perk up this bouy a tad ...................maybe not for long as when I went back out to get in Otto there was no metal detector in my back seat. Felt a tightness in my chest and a dark cloud stationed over head just waiting for me! Son of a seahorse............it was Otto's twin brother and a lot cleaner one I might add so I nonchalantly meandered over to Otto who gave me that 1000 yard stare.

Anyway Navy Davy did well and hopefully our jaunt tomorrow will even be better.
Mother told me there would be dig days like this P5220010
My pile before I managed to spill it all over the kitchen floor at home and knock a glass off the counter when sweeping up the dirt! My day sort of reminded me of that old Monkees tune;
"I should have stayed at home in bed
My pillow wrapped around my head
Instead of waking up to find
A nightmare of a different kind"
Mother told me there would be dig days like this P5220012
Cleaned up it amounted to a key, BC pin, and 82 coins @ $4.88
Mother told me there would be dig days like this P5220013
Hopefully Thursday's dig will take my mind off work as Friday after only 2 days training I'm taking over the shift IC job for the day.........Lordy Lordy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Mother told me there would be dig days like this
Page 1 of 1