Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bluenoser's most prized find of the year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Bluenoser's most prized find of the year Empty
PostSubject: Bluenoser's most prized find of the year   Bluenoser's most prized find of the year I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:52 pm

From the land of the Bluenose....went back to the isle today that I had plundered yesterday. Today was a tad overcast and I actually got bombarded with freezing rain for a short time. Guess that is Mother Nature's way of letting us know she is in charge and what awaits around the corner for us.

Was peaceful again and I had a long talk with a couple of the Lands and Forest Rangers who explained to me why all the trees had been cut and the park expanded. Darn brown spruce beetles who have a sweet tooth for white birch trees. Shocking.

Anyway the dig was a a penny popping parade till I dug what I consider my best find of the year to date...a pressed Bluenose penny! Had never even known they existed!

Five hours elapsed before I got warmed up and fired up Otto. Made damn sure that when I parked today I had turned his orbs off. Take for the outing was the Bluenose pressed penny, a midget dinkie (now thats an oxymoron in a small degree) and 63 coins @$2.98.
Bluenoser's most prized find of the year P3070004
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Bluenoser's most prized find of the year
Page 1 of 1