Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy Davy gone army

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Navy Davy gone army Empty
PostSubject: Navy Davy gone army   Navy Davy gone army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....called Navy Davy at the crack of dawn to see if a dig was doable and that it was so within a half hour we had hit Tim's for coffee and a breakfast sandwich (roll up the rim is on again but neither of us did) and were motoring down the 103 towards Hubbards my hometown.
Navy Davy gone army P7240001-1
Like a pair of kids in a candy shop we pulled out our detectors and hit the beach. Man was it dead with no beeps or even whispers of a target so we moved to the area behind the beach which was much to our amazement very soft and digable......and we did hitting pennies every few steps. At the far end I pulled out my first silver coin of the year, a 1945 dime which I managed to scratch with the lesche tool. Was a tad worn so I didn't feel too bad. Out of practise big time and even more so out of shape for my legs were aching bigtime!
Navy Davy gone army P7240004
While merrily swinging away with my old Garrett Navy Davy called me over and gave me a chuckle as he pulled an eyeball find from his pocket..............an army soldier! "Ground pounder as he called him!

We vacated this beach and hitthe next one down where Navy Davy did his happy dance pulling out a large cent as I popped pennies. Three quarters of an hour later we were done with ND hitting 22 coins. Included in the photo of his finds is a silver chain that he had eyeballed the day before. Lucky bouy!
Navy Davy gone army P7240006
Got a new shovel on this outing but not quite right for this type of digging!
Navy Davy gone army P7240010
All in all sure felt good getting out. Take for the day was a key, 58 coins at $3.05 including the 1945 dime.
Navy Davy gone army P7240007
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Navy Davy gone army
Page 1 of 1