Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April Fools Day Hunt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bmattioli
bmattioli

April Fools Day Hunt Empty
PostSubject: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:29 pm

I went out for a quick hunt today after work. Nice wet soil and Spring like weather here in CT.

Found 7 Quarters
4 Dimes
3 Nickels
4 Pennies

All modern Clad but it was fun to dig away outside a concession stand at a ballfield down the road from me.. Sorry no picture.. have'nt figured that out..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Nice work Bruce! Sounds like you are having a good time. That's a nice amount of clad. I just got back from detecting and am really excited. I found an 1864 Indian Head Penny Very Happy We also found a bunch of common civil war era buttons. I think we found a new "honey hole" though so we're really excited. I'll post a picture of the 1864 Indian Head penny as soon as I get it cleaned up. It's soaking in olive oil for a few at the moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mdnewengland.forumotion.com
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Great Job finding that IH. I'm still working on my first Wheatie, IH and any Silver coinage. I'm getting close since I have found 1965 Quarters and Dimes lately. How do you post a picture??

Thanks!
Bruce
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi Bruce,

When you start a new topic or reply to one you will see a bunch of buttons above the field where you type text. Look for the one that looks like a picture with some green landscape and a little disk icon in the bottom right of the button. If you mouse over it and wait a sec it will say "Host an Image". Press that and it will bring up the place where you upload the picture. Press "browse"... this will let you search your computer for the image. Find the image you want and press open. Then press "host it". This will bring up some links. Copy the middle one titled "image" then Paste that into your message (you might have to highlight it and go up to "Edit", then "copy", then "paste"). It will just look like some computer code but when you click send it will show up as the actual picture.

Hopefully I explained it clearly Smile If you need some more help feel free to ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm

How's this for my finds this year since I got My Ace 250:

All clad:
70 Quarters
113 Dimes
25 Nickles
Countless Pennies

April Fools Day Hunt Pictur11
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin
Lochlainn

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:51 pm

Nice work Bruce! I see you figured out how to post pics too. Awesome. I will be posting the indian head tomorrow most likely...after it's had a little time to soak. Did you see the char box I installed on the forum. I am curious to see how fast it refreshes. If you have a sec trying logging into it.
Back to top Go down
Beefcake
Founding Member
Founding Member
Beefcake

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:21 pm

From the look of that one quarter.. you got som nasty mean ground moles in your area!
Back to top Go down
bmattioli
bmattioli

PostSubject: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:25 pm

Beefcake wrote:
From the look of that one quarter.. you got som nasty mean ground moles in your area!

Yea, and it's my weirdest find so far, coinage wise. I did find a horse shoe last month. I proudly hung it shoes down untill someone said that was bad luck,, said the luck is drainging out of it. That day was strange as I am very suspecious and had odd stuff happening. I went home and turned that puppy shoes up to collect the luck. Luck changed.. True story..

Bruce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Fools Day Hunt   April Fools Day Hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April Fools Day Hunt
Page 1 of 1