Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lowered lake still producing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Lowered lake still producing Empty
PostSubject: Lowered lake still producing   Lowered lake still producing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:03 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....Navy Davy and I headed out to Lake Banook but not before I had a chance to see the nice finds that he had made the previous day including the 1940 dime and the 14k wedding band.
Lowered lake still producing P5190006
The pumps were still working fulltime to keep the water level low with the lake dropping about a foot per day. The fellow manning the pumps told us that this would continue for about another two weeks. Sure exposes some areas of the docks that needed the repairs that were on going during the lowering.
Lowered lake still producing P5190013
Navy Davy took to the gullies that had been created by the runoff and worked the cracks deep into the sand and silt finding a few goodies.
Lowered lake still producing P5190002
Navy Davy springs into action as he finds a prehistoric find
which he promptly uses for a hood ornament!
Lowered lake still producing Bgbt
Lowered lake still producing P5190014
Well it was fun while it lasted but before you could say "shake a leg" we did and left. Navy Davy home to the honey dew list and I for supper with the father-in-law then a trip into the hospital for a visit with Donna.
Navy Davy's pile which included a Halifax Regional Municipality, a dino, marbles and a slew of coins.
Lowered lake still producing P5190004
Of course I was not sure what goodies I had found.
Lowered lake still producing P5190011
Cleaned up my take for the day was a pair of dinkies, a key chain, a stopper to a Felix Jounn Halifax bottle, fun zone token and 79 coins @ $12.19
Lowered lake still producing P5190016
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Lowered lake still producing
Page 1 of 1