Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member
billiard rich

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring Empty
PostSubject: Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring   Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Allergy season is here. Been wheezing and choking and trying to breathe for the last 5 days. Sunday morning I loaded-up on antihistamines and kleenex and headed out to a little lake for a swing. Got there at 7:00 am and swung until 11:00 am. Worked a spike of land that sticks into the lake.

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring 10052011

I started at the tip and worked my way back towards the parking lot. Didn't get too far. This spike of land is about 100 feet wide. And I only worked from the tip to maybe 600 feet towards the parking lot. (Or from the tip of the point to that tree you see in the center of the shot.) So there's a whole lot left to do. Went home and had a 4 hour nap, did a few chores, and went back for another swing from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm. Found lots and lots of wine bottle caps. Had to empty my trash pouches 4 times. Found a few sinkers too.

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring 10052010

Sinkers sound just like quarters on the Tesoro Umax Silver.

The evening hunt was sinker-free and I only found a little more clad. But I did find a junk ring - which also sounded like a quarter.

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring 10052013

I can't read the markings inside the band. There is a number which ends in 5. It sure don't look like a silver ring. So I don't know.

Didn't do badly on the clad; 27 quarters, 26 dimes, 2 nickels, and 71 pennies for a total of $10.16. No wheaties, no silver. (I didn't check the dates on the quarters and dimes yet, but since this man-made lake was created in the early 70's, I don't think I'll find any pre 1965 coins.)

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring 10052012

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring Empty
PostSubject: yo Bill   Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:10 pm

From the land ofthe Bluenose....allergies suck big time but glad that that is not stopping you. Nice assortment of finds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Lead, Clad, & A Junk Ring
Page 1 of 1