Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel   Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....burrrrrrrrr as the cold sou'wester blew from the ocean to the shore!
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030005
What worse though was that I thought I saw a yeti in the wooded area and it turned out to be Navy Davy who I had come with. Time to pick up those new specs!
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030004
After we hammered that place which was in my home town we headed to the island which was a lot warmer than the other day where we had to wear fur lined long johns!
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030003
I eyeballed an ominous sight as we came into the parking lot.
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030006
Was it a sign of things to come or was there ....a corpse quietly rotting away in a field?
Navy Davy was not fizzled a tad when he was stabbed with it and we entered "Treasure Island" to rob it of it's riches and buried treasures. I think Navy Davy was getting the hang of his new Ace 250 that I got for him from a guy at work who never even opened the box....$240 not a bad price and Navy Davy paid cash money and I made a cup of Tim's as commision!
Before we knew it darkness and rain clouds were setting in and on the way Back to the vehicle Navy Davy said that he wanted a name change so I retorted, "Imagine now you want to be know as Diamond Dave?" To this he just stated "Wait till we get back to the truck."
Once back he showed his finds and the bouy did sum gud youz.
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030008
Then it dawned on me once he showed me the find!
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030011
Imagine that! Navy Davy was instantly transformed into "David Dances with Beavers."
Of course I had to settle for a silver mackerel,a silver dime and a coin that has to be the biggest this bouy has ever found. Think the toasty token is a Brit Cartwheel.
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030020
My take for the day was the above, a key. lead weight and 111 coins @ $6.71 (a twoonie was spent once home for a Tim's).
Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel P5030019
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member
TreasureFiend

Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel   Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:38 am

Great day!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

Newbie Navy Davy gets Beaver and I.......Mackerel
Page 1 of 1