Metal Detecting New England Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
leslie(nova scotia)

Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver Empty
PostSubject: Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver   Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:16 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....the first night shift was over. My boss had the rotation off so this bouy was thrust in command and luckily everything was flying at the airport.Managed 4 hours sleep aftet shift, woke called Navy Davy and we were a digging quicker than a Cape Bretoner could cash his UIC cheque! Here it was Thursday and this old buoy and turned 55 and felt every year of it as each time I bent down to dig a target I heard a protest from each body joint and some that I didn't know I had. Lord love a duck who called these years the "golden" ones with the "rusty" years more aptly describing mid life and the twilight ones.Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver PB140002 Felt like my back was breaking but it was only my knife. Navy Davy to the rescue as he headed back to his truck and handed me a garden trowel saying, "My wife keeps on asking me where her trowel is and I tell her I don't know." Well I thought to myself I thought it was being used for something more useful then digging holes to plant flowers. Sort of reminded me of my backup Freedom 111 Plus which N.D. had taken a shining to and had been swinging for the past few months with a noticeable increase in finds. At least it was being used! Anyway the day in May was starting to wear this bouy down with some additional sack time badly needed before I work. Navy Davy agreed it was time to call it a day and besides me son had quota (56 coins), a golf egg, sports medal and a butterfly jewelry dewy and was rather pleased with himself and rightly so youz! Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver PB140003 Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver PB140004My take for the day was a motor cycle dinky,golf egg 1957 Quarter,a silver locket and 64 coins @$7.34.Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver PB150010 Of course after I woke up and headed to Otto he took a hissy fit as Marie had left the lights on draining the battery. Father-in-law Bill to the rescue with a great night at work as the shift pretty near ran itself. Entering the parking lot at home I was greated by a nice sight, went to bed and dreamed of what I might find at the end of that rainbow!
Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver Dd-3
Back to top Go down
http://www.voy.com/98887/

Navy davy gets a medal and I another heart of silver
Page 1 of 1